Tuesday 24 April 2018

Memories of Kingston-on-Murray with my girls

I just shared some photos of our old home 
At Kingston-on-Murray...
It brought back so many memories...
Rolling paddy melons down the hill with my dad and my kids...
Seeing who could make them roll the farthest...
Riding my old bike down to the bus stop in the little town...
The long bus trip to Loxton High School...
The apricot cutting shed...
The blessings of being able to walk outside our back door
and pick the fruit straight from our beautiful trees...
The peace of living in the countryside so close to the river Murray...
The birds that serenaded us during the years...
Our pets: Pepe my chihuahua...
The rides on the back of the old tractor in the orange picking bins...
Vanessa used to love sitting in the seat of grandpa's old Massey Ferguson tractor
Climbing the apricot trees...
Walking beneath the shady boughs of those huge old trees was magical...
Swimming in the river; going fishing with Grandpa...
Catching a few old carp...
So many blessed memories came back to me just now...
Shelley climbing up that ladder to the roof...
Calling out to Grandma from a fair way up...
"Catch me Grandma"...
My own Grandpa Szekeres building the back veranda...
When he was here from Hungary with my Grandma...
For 3 months way back in 1981...
The BBQ's we had on that back veranda...
Celebrating my 21st...
Ah what a blessing to remember all of these...

6th December 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment