Friday 14 February 2014

Ode to Rosanne Bittner

I've finally found another soul: a fantastic writer who
Conveys the truth about the Indian tribes: their lives
Detailed & full to the reader's mind: devoured by my eyes
I want to know how these beautiful people lived
As they hunted & grazed upon the open plains
I want to understand how they lived & loved & died
How they prayed to their God above: how they cried
I am entranced by their simple yet accomplished
Daily living: never leaving anything go to waste
All was used; all was accepted as their God-given right
To live within their means around the pleasant countryside
All belonged to everyone: nothing was abused: all was used
To the benefit of those who dwelt within their God's world
Ah if only we who live today could appreciate the ways
Of those who lived before us: would their lives just bore us? 
No never in a million years I declare:
They lived better than we do today 
Simply because they appreciated every beautiful God-given day!

No comments:

Post a Comment