Friday 28 February 2014

The ferry landing

I was at the ferry landing
Just the other day
I was flipping back through time
My imagination at play
Remembering younger days
From a very long time ago
I had fleeting little glimpses
Of my childhood you know
Yes down at the old ferry landing
One was very over grown
The other being used to launch boats
It was there I was: all alone
I dipped my feet into the river
Just like I did when I was a child
I left wet footprints on the concrete
Watched them evaporate: it was wild!
That is how life is: if you like to ponder?
We may make our little imprints
We may like to think we are a wonder
But in reality: we are just fleeting incidents
Within this wide, wide universe
We are but a grain of sand
Our lives are of little import
In the grandest of God's plans

No comments:

Post a Comment