Saturday 26 August 2017

Love is an unconditional committment

Love is an unconditional commitment
To an imperfect person (as you know)
To love somebody isn't just a strong feeling 
It's a decision; a judgement; and a promise
It is a wonderfully blessed connection
It is something that very few actually get to show
My mum and dad were married for over 60 years
They vowed to be together; vowed it to each other
When they were teenagers; aged 16 and 13; I trow
Mum is now gone to heaven; left this earth behind
And dad just keeps on going; missing her; and how!
He told me when I asked him; said he'd never loved before
"She was the my first love; my only love; It's true!!"
Ah how he must miss her; ah how he must be sad...
Yet I know he was ever so thankful that he met her
So blessed that God sent her
To take her place beside him
To love; care for; guide him...

Ah we all do miss her
Lord I wish I could hold her; kiss her; hear her voice again...



No comments:

Post a Comment