Saturday 26 August 2017

Toronto Avenue

Recently...
Drove up Toronto Avenue
Oh dear Lord: I remembered
A terrible time; a sad time
From many long years ago...
Anger, fear, loathing; true
Terrible times between me and you
I'd gone to get a drink
For our little girls
Was a-feared; upset
Hurting; scared of you
I'd asked the deli owner
To call the cops for me
But you threatened to leave me
Drive off with our small girls
I was afraid you were unstable
Your mind was not quite sane
Knew from anger you could not refrain...
That day and night I will ever remember 
Never can I forget that pain...
Your jealousy was all consuming 
Your hurt took over all
Our car was filled with sadness
Vengeance was for what you aimed
We searched for that old address
Though I could not remember it for sure
No luck as we drove around slowly 
It was so many years before...
That night we stayed at the motel
The Grenada on Portrush road
There; my own husband brutally raped me
As our little girls slept next door...


No comments:

Post a Comment