Wednesday 30 August 2017

The passing of Kia

Sadness as I contemplate a life without you dear Kia
We had you as our precious pet for over 11 years
From pup to mamma; Amy and I will miss you heaps!
As I sit outside the vet's today and cried
I felt so sad that you were gone; I know it's my fault
I should have taken you in sooner...
With tears running down my bawling face 
I looked around and touched your still warm body
The sparrows were in the ornamental plum
It's branches full of pink flowers; swaying in the breeze
My tears were dripping down; my thoughts were flying up!
You were 80 in dog years old I suppose that's not too bad
You were getting a bit fat; just like me!
You were losing your hearing; just like me!
You were losing your eyesight; just like me!
I saw you sitting beside your dinner bowl 
You were always on the prowl; for food; just like me!
God help me; I'm starting to look like you!
An old dog...

29th August 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment