Thursday 14 April 2016

Babbling brook in Currency Creek Gorge

We walked the path along the trail
Peace and tranquillity; without fail
Babbling brook; we followed on
Up and onwards; beneath the sun
Sounds of water; trickling through
Behind the grasses and reeds anon
Pleasant time; was appreciated too
As we enjoyed the climb; my son
Cooling breezes; shady eucalypts
Spared us from the autumn sun...
Birds serenaded us upon our journey
Fascinated; we continued up and on
Stopped along the path; we marvelled
At the beautiful views; we were blessed
Should we turn back now we questioned
No! Find the waterfall; continue on...
There must be a beginning up yonder hon...
We spied the entrance to a cave: dark within
A mining shaft? Something to explore?
Wish I had brought a torch to see more...
Next time we venture here; yes: I implore...
As the path narrowed so it rose up again
Finally we found the source of the water
Trickling over large grey stones; lichen clad
Green duck weed; water grasses; I was glad
We hadn't stopped our journey earlier on
For here we found such peace and beauty
Skinks and geckos freely wandering
All over the banks; over sticks, beneath stones
Here I sat and rested amid the splendour
Taking in the tranquillity; the quietness
Cool shadows embracing me...
I felt the rocks beneath my tired body
I listened to the babbling brook; healing me
Yes: here in God's nature I was blessed
I felt the Lord refreshing me...




No comments:

Post a Comment