Thursday 21 April 2016

Sensing pain

Feelings that come strongly to the fore
So strong a feeling: difficult to ignore
I sometimes feel another's pain
So strong a sensation: cannot explain
Felt like this many a time: it's true
This is the thing I am telling you...
Felt my daughter's panic attack
Felt like I couldn't breathe: oxygen lack
Felt so restless: felt so very strange
Couldn't understand why: it hasn't changed
Some days I still feel that restlessness
Still feel that uncommon urge
To pace about and worry a lot
It's difficult to explain these feelings
But I do suffer a lot...
Heart palpitations: breathlessness
So much tension: so much stress
Until I realise the reasons: the cost
I have to calm myself: have to relax
For I cannot help anyone...
If I am stuck in this uneasy place...
So I must pray to my Lord above
Asking for intercession and peace
I surrender up all these troubles
And finally there is my blessed release...

No comments:

Post a Comment