Thursday 21 April 2016

You can't go back

In going back through memories 
To a long ago childhood time 
How long till we realise 
That we cannot go back in time
Though we may revisit
Though we may seek to find
Old memories may come calling 
They may seem so strong; fine
But everything has changed 
Nothing remains the same 
My old almond tree is long gone 
The property is no longer the same 
Many years have passed us by 
And though inside my head
It all seems just as it was
In reality I must move forward 
I must leave it all behind...
What used to be a special place 
What used to be my childhood home
Is no longer there; no longer prime
I am older; hopefully wiser 
My parents; no longer young 
Are we heading towards disaster?
For the blessed hereafter...calls 
Soon they will return to dust
Soon enough...
We will all be simple memories 
Within some childish mind...
There amid the cobwebs...
Paper thin and crumbling 
Before we, return to dust...


No comments:

Post a Comment