Saturday 9 April 2016

No giving up

Thought to give up writing
Thought to cease this poetry
Yet I feel like I am dying: it is
As if I cease to breathe; you see
These words escape from inside of me
They often flow so beautifully...
Could I stop my self from breathing?
Could I cease to exist physically?
Just when I thought I could give up
A message comes through to me
"Thank you for your friendship
I look forward to reading more"
I guess this life is ever changing
It is growing and maturing 
I feel like I am achieving 
Something wonderful: spiritually
Can we go on growing?
Can we expand beyond ourselves?
Or do we grow enough for long enough
Then simply waste away?
Like a cancer ridden beast...
"Never give up: never surrender!"
Has been my motto I must confess
Though at times I have felt
Less than blessed...
But then something kindles that spark
Deep inside of me...
And I cannot leave behind this...
Cannot cease this poetry...






No comments:

Post a Comment