Wednesday 19 September 2018

Happy Father's day 2018

Happy Father's day
To my darling dad
It was so very good
This morning
Just to hear your voice...
You've had a tough few months
As a chest infection laid you low
A few hospital stays
All'most took you away
Your pain-filled eyes
Nearly tore me apart
To see you bedridden
Unable to even move
Was almost more than I could bear
Ah my darling dad
You are the apple of my heart
I thank God you have improved
Have rallied just enough
To be able to smile a bit...
I know that you miss mum
We all do; my darling one
Today it is enough; just 
To hear your dear old voice
I heard the inflection of your smile
It warmed my heart a while
Again; I say
Happy Father's day
My darling dad!

But I pray it's not your last...

2 September 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment