Wednesday 19 September 2018

Life and growing older 2017

It's Father's Day on Sunday
Another year has passed
My dear old dad is getting older
He is really slowing down
Everything is "too much"
It is all just "too hard"...
His breathing is getting shallower
His eyes a little more dim
I love my dear old gentleman
I truly do worry about him
Now that mum is gone
Now that he is all alone
I worry about his eating 
I worry about his health
Knowing that life is short
His life is his wealth...
A little here and there
I guess that's what happens hon
He really doesn't seem to care
I listen as he eats his food
Can't chew cos he has no teeth
So he gums it all and swallows
He lives by this belief
A little goes a long, long way
Don't miss what you don't have
He has lost the love of his life
But he's doing really brave
At least he has regular baths
At least he likes to shave...
He'll never be a dirty old man
So he'll never that cliche
Just like Paul McCartney's grandpa
In "A hard day's night"
"He's a clean old man"
That's what they'll say
Whenever my dear old dad
Comes wandering this way...
I love you dad
Hope you have the most wonderful
Happy Father's Day!

1st September 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment