Wednesday 19 September 2018

Letter to my father

Dear dad, 
I love you very much! 
It has been great to see 
That you are feeling 
Just a little bit better
We talked about 
So many different things
Our block in Moorook
The beautiful property
In Kingston-on-Murray
Our pets; Pepe and others...
The chance to be together
Even for a little while
These past couple of days
Has been wonderful...
I bought a torch 
I was mucking around with it
You took control of things
Took it out of my hands
Showed me how it worked
Made me smile
It's been a while
Since I've seen you 
Looking so animated
I helped you shave
With the electric razor
Easy job it was
Compared to back in 1993
When you asked me to shave you
Before you went to RAH...
You had had a brain aneurism
You needed an operation 
God; that was an awful time
25 years ago...
Now you are 83
Everything has been reversed
I am taking care of you 
Helping you get dressed
Taking you to the loo
Giving you a manicure
Watching you combing your hair
Feeling thankful that you are walking
Even if it's such a short distance
I love you my darling dad
God bless you!




No comments:

Post a Comment