Saturday 27 May 2017

A mother's gift of love

Ah these thoughts
Rushing round my head
Each time I think of you
I see red...
Your actions...
Your words...
I just cannot believe
That you are of my seed

Can a mother love too much?
Can a mother give too much?
Seems love should be 
Reciprocated; not delegated 
Not castigated...

Yet still I cannot
Understand your ire
I gave all I had to you 
Gave you your every desire

Spoilt you rotten
Gave every single thing 
How could it be?
That your words do sting 
Words keep popping up
into my poor head
Answers to your diatribes
Answers to that dread

One minute you are sweet
The next you are a beast
On minute: blessings
The next: your curses
Are falling at my feet
Your two faces; sadly I realise
Never seem to meet...

24 April 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment