Saturday 27 May 2017

Stepping back

I've felt a distance growing 
Felt my love just melt away
As I watched; realised; its showing 
Me; of your greed and all you crave
More and more; never ending
No matter how much you're spending 
It is never enough; I call your bluff
By simply staying away

I've felt the anger growing 
Felt my peace retreating; slipping away
As I see; your greed is glowing 
Like a heated furnace; smoking away
I stepped back a few steps
Retreated a few steps more
Honey; I used to love you
But now; you've driven me away...

I've felt the four walls closing in
Growing smaller each and every day
Sunny skies were clouding over
I just had to escape; had to get away
The distance between us; gaping 
A chasm opened up; beneath my feet
I had to jump clear; ah my dear one
Face to face; we could no longer meet...

I've felt my respect decreasing 
Felt my sadness grow; I must say
My heart is breaking; growing harder each day
No longer could I bear your demands
So I had to step even further away
Escape seemed my only recourse
Ah though it truly hurt me
I could no longer be near at hand...

29 April 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment