Tuesday 9 May 2017

Wisdom teeth

Wisdom teeth? 
Does wisdom come with time? 
Does it come with cutting teeth?
Or is it brought forth through pain?
Why do we need "wisdom" teeth?
Aren't we smart enough in life?
Aren't we growing through strife?
All I've seen throughout my life
Is that "wisdom" teeth 
Bring even more pain; more strife
More trouble that what they're worth
Certainly not there to help from birth
My bottom wisdom teeth never came 
My top wisdom teeth arrived 
In the very centre of the roof of my mouth
They surfaced; caused nothing but pain
One came through easily enough
The other had to be excised; dug out in pain
Friends have suffered throughout the years 
Entering hospital; returning in tears 
Having all four removed at once 
Knocked out; in hospital; pain many over days 
Anaesthetic; pain relief; pain beyond belief
I ask; of what use are these wisdom teeth?


No comments:

Post a Comment