Thursday 1 March 2018

Advice to my daughter

You are so beautiful to me
I understand your worries
I understand your fears
There are some things
I feel; you need to hear...

I know of your inner beauty
That shines; there inside; deep
I have felt your love
I have felt your kindness
I have also seen your tears...

As I watch from the sidelines
These are the things that come to mind
Don't you know your words define you 
Of this you need to be aware
Think of what other people hear...

It doesn't matter to you right now
But what of the coming years?
Swearing seems to come so naturally 
I hear it every single day
But remember my words in future years

Honey; what about your little children
How will it look to you my dear?
When those words you say so ably
Are coming from their little mouths
Heard by other mothers; oh no my dear...

I remember a mother now long gone
She was trying to do her very best
Teaching her 7 children; rearing them; the test
She heard her little boy swearing 
She was upset to say the very least

"Who the f**k taught my son to swear?"
She said out loud; in front of us all
We were smiling; trying not to utter
Lest anything escape our smiling lips
She did not understand her Freudian slip...

So watch your words my darling 
Think about your life in future days
When one day you will be blindsided
By your little tacker; as he makes the air go blacker
And you want to sink into the earth...

4/2/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment