Wednesday 7 March 2018

The night before Christmas 2015

It's the night before Christmas
And all through the land
Celebrations are happening
Just as everyone planned
Families are gathering 
Meeting together everywhere
Having a party; eating their fill
While just across the seas
Just over the hill
Not that far away 
Children are starving 
Going without...
Where is the compassion?
Where is the doubt?
I just want to scream and shout!
This land full of plenty
This land of blessings; it seems
Forgets all about the others
Forgets all about their dreams...
Can they not hear their pleading?
Can they not hear theirs screams?
Can they not open their eyes?
This time is for Jesus
This night for that boy
His birth to bring peace 
Glad tidings and joy...
Ah Lord I am ashamed
That I should be counted
Among such as these
Who care not for sharing
God's blessed good cheer
Here they are eating and drinking 
Just the same as last year
No thoughts for their poor cousins
No good feelings in their hearts
Ah dear Lord please come quickly
Please even things out...
For the pain that they suffer
Creates and aching in my heart
These feeling of sadness
I cannot feel joy
Instead; I am disheartened
I am lost and dismayed
That I alone am here thinking 
About the poor, the old, the ill
The widows; the orphans
The weak and the maimed...

24th December 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment