Monday 20 February 2017

Goodbye Mary Anne

Attended a funeral today
At The Garden Of Memory
In the Barmera cemetery
Said farewell to another's mum
She's gone too soon they said
Now she will surely rest her head
Found a couple of memorials
Of people I had known
Michael "Mick" Bacskai aged 52
Looked around at the listed names
But no matches ever came
Was looking for Elizabeth Bacskai
And for little Mary Anne too
But couldn't find their plot
Wanted to say hello I guess
Wanted to let them know
They are still here in my heart
Will never be forgotten by me
Never forgotten by their family
They are asleep; waiting for our Lord
Until He returns; they'll never say a word
But those who remain will be comforted
For these promises ring true
Jesus promised to return
He will come for them; for me; for you

No comments:

Post a Comment