Wednesday 22 February 2017

Words unspoken

I left the words unspoken
Left them there inside my head
Thoughts ran away; broken
Ah if only I had said...

I guess I lacked the courage
I guess it's always been just so
Have never said out loud
Those thoughts that hurt me so

As a little child in school
I was made to feel the fool
Took her back; found the lack
Of courage; felt so uncool

In high school I was bullied
Guess they knew I couldn't say
How it hurt; inside I kept it all
Until it grew; festered to this day

Many times I let him hurt me
Though he said he loved me so
Why did I allow that torture
Ah dear Lord I truly wish to know

Time has passed by so quickly
My life is changing; this I know
Now again I am left hurting
For those words I left unspoken; oh

I seem to wander through this jungle
Tangled vines beset my every path
Just when I think I see some light
There comes the struggle; pain, blight

Ah God in heaven help me
For I'm in trouble deep
I love; am loved; but it's torment
For those words within me weep

Should have said those words; yes
Should have shouted them out loud
Grew some balls and said no less
Stood up; my love confessed

But I left those words unspoken
Left them crying in my head
Now my love has left me forsaken
These days I wish they weren't unsaid...



No comments:

Post a Comment