Saturday 11 February 2017

The other side of the bridge

Took a drive along the river's edge
Needed space and time to think
Felt like crying; don't know why
Actually I do; I not tell a lie
My life is being turned upside down
Should be smiling but I wear a frown
Why can't life be simple is my beef
Why can't things flow; cause no grief
I am doing the very best I can 
But it never seems enough man
Can't seem to please the masses
Feels like I'm swimming in molasses
God help me to climb out of this pit
I feel lost in darkness; that is it
It's like I see the light; burning brightly
Only to have my candle snuffed; nightly
I seem to put my foot into my mouth
Stuff up; drift north instead of south
But this I realise; It's all in my own hands
I have a choice; I must take my chance
Keep moving ahead; in this life's dance
In the midst of this deep river I see
My boat; far from shore: I see me
Letting go of the oars; drifting free
Allowing this strong current to take me

No comments:

Post a Comment