Saturday 11 February 2017

Soul in Hibernation

Some days I feel like I could sleep
Never wake up to face this deep
Pain that seems to come and seep
Into my very bones: ah Lord keep
Me safe from harm; hear me weep
These tears are coming; they keep
Sneaking up on me; as you can see
I am not doing as well as I should be

If I were a bear in winter time
How wonderful it would be to find
A soft warm place to snuggle in
There I'd sleep until It was time
To wake and feel refreshed; ah time
How do we ever know how much is left?
We know not what time we've got...

So many of our loved ones have gone
Like bears; hibernating until the time is right
As we return to the dust from which we came
No, not one of us will remain the same
For all must face this earthly crust until
Our spirits refresh themselves in heaven above
With Jesus: on that appointed day He is to come
Just as bears awaken to the "spring" of His return
So shall our spirits unite with the incorruptible
New bodies as promised by our Father...

Like David, Elijah, Solomon, Esther too
Ruth, Hannah, Nehemiah, Job, Jeremiah 
Martha, John the Baptist and even Jesus too
We have joined their ranks;in feeling depressed
We all partake in these moments of suffering...
This will pass and God will use these weak times
To refine our souls; in the meanwhile we must pray
For friends to faithfully uphold us throughout sadness
That on that day the storm passes...
We will lift up our eyes and behold the beautiful rainbow...

4 February 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment