Monday 6 August 2018

All grown up

Today I took my son shopping
We found some nice jackets for him
He looked so grown up in them
It nearly made me cry for my son
(I guess I have to let him go now)
He's my grown up son at 18
He wants to move out of home
He wants to start off leaving me
Wit "empty nest syndrome"
I thank God for my gorgeous son
I've had the best of his youthful years
Now it's time for all those tears
But I will not cry and do you know why?
Those first 16 years are all we are given
The we have to let them go; let them loose!
We must be happy to watch him go
I guess it's time to let go those reins
Allow him to move on and fin his own way
A whole new life awaits my son
But I know he will not be gone for long
He will call us up and chat a while
He will visit and thank us; his family
For loving him and giving him
Everything we had to offer!
As I imagine him living alone
I will send my prayers to him
I will give him up into God's hands
Where I know he will be cared for
He was my precious gift from God
Now I give him back into Jesus' hands
I know he will be safe there
For has not God declared unto us all
All we have to do is pray and believe
That our prayers will be answered
Thank you Lord for loving my son
Thank you for your wonderful promises
I know that Jesus will take care of him
Set His angels about him: keep him safe
As I know that Jesus will come again
So I know that Jesus will protect him too
Lord I await your soon coming 
The whole world awaits your coming
Jesus promised to return for us!

10th July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment