Wednesday 22 August 2018

Lunch with dad

We sat together
Upon his bed
For a cosy lunch ...
Shared a moment
Enjoyed the time
Ah dad; I love you
Wish I could
Turn back time
Your food was puréed
Mine was whole
Your teeth long gone
Dear old soul...
I brought my half a subway
Said it was what I'd had
For last night's dinner...
You piped up; as you always had
"That's not last night's dinner
Or you'd have nothing to eat"
I smiled; laughed out loud
"Okay, you've got me there
These are my leftovers; true
I could never fool you!"

Here in this photo
Just 8 months ago
We celebrated your 83rd
With Michael Andersson,
And Shelley Andersson
Wish I could say
You look just as good
But time has passed
You're slipping away
Time waits for no-one
What more can I say
I am just so very thankful
To be able to spend the day
Talking about those long ago days
When we were both
So very much younger
As we lived in such a very different way

No comments:

Post a Comment