Tuesday 7 August 2018

Mount Billy Conservation Park 2016

Had the most amazing adventure
All around Mount Billy Conservation Park
Parked beside the Hindmarsh Valley reservoir
Headed up the road toward the trails
It was such a beautiful afternoon
Glorious sunshine; fresh air; serenity
It was uphill all the way as we headed out
A gentle slope to say the least
But as we travelled further up
I found it quite an effort but
I managed to tackle and conquer the beast
Beautiful paradise; natural bush
So amazing; so green; so lush
Picnic lunch in the clearing 
We'd scattered a mob of roos
Sent them pounding off you see
As we enjoyed the amazing views
The steepest climb was yet to come
As we headed off again...
On-wards and upwards; what a walk
I was amazed at how I coped
Didn't think I'd make it up there 
But was pleased to find myself
At the very top; heart pounding 
Lungs straining from the heights
Ah the joy at reaching the top
I simply refused to stop
Slowly but surely I advanced
Thankful for the peace and beauty
Surrounded by this blessed nature
Birds singing; native bees buzzing 
Shingle back lizard; sunbaking
Clouds above me; floating by
Feeling on top of the world...
Thank you Lord for a blessed day

1st June 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment