Tuesday 7 August 2018

From Nana Sue with love

Found some soft yarns
In grandma's cupboards
(Ah how I miss you mum)
She had so many of them
I wasn't surprised at all
For she was always knitting 
Always making something 
For her precious family
Some yarns were made in Spain
A few from Ireland too
Found this quite amazing 
As my dear grandson 
Has these; in his bloodlines
Yes; there's a lot of Magyar
Some Irish and English too
Norwegian and Swedish forebears
All there in the mix...
So many different ancestries
Chilean and Mapuche Indian
A sprinkling of Spanish thrown in...
Now I'm creating his blanket
Made with all our love...
I'll put it all together...
I'll create my own masterpiece
Filled with all our spirits too...
Then my darling little grandson
I'll send it flying overseas to you 

For Gabriel 
23 July 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment