Tuesday 7 August 2018

Bob the bottle man 2013

Today I saw the bottle man
Riding his bicycle in the sun
Checking all the rubbish bins
Looking for a few bottles and cans
Obviously he has his plans
Trying to earn a little extra cash
I felt sorry for the old bottle man
He looked thin and underfed
Why does he have to seek?
Among those rubbish bins
To help him make his way
Does he have no choice?
Because times are so tough
Is that why his life is so rough?
I'll call him Bob because
His head is bobbing up and down
As he rode his old bicycle
Around that country town
I watched him cycle from bin to bin
Opening them up; looking in
He only found one bottle
I felt that was such a shame
I bet he was looking for so much more
That's exactly why he came...
I stopped my car and called out to him
He didn't hear me shout
So I followed him into the park
I called out again 
Finally he heard me and listened
Then followed me across the road
I gave him all I had
To make his life a little easier
For whatever he had on his list...
For Lord; i felt i was the lucky one...
I thank you every day 
For taking care of me and my family!

29th May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment