Saturday 2 August 2014

Genes inherited

I've been looking at some photos
Seeing all those incredible things
Remarkable similarities between
My dear little grand-children and me
Just watched Zac pulling up his sleeves
I cannot stand it when my sleeves slip
I have to pull them up again and again
Until they are just right: comfortable
Just below my elbows is where they go
Then I feel happy until they slip below
He looks a lot like his Tia Shelley
Only of course he is a little boy but
It is eerily uncanny how much he is
Just like she was at the very same age!
Those gorgeous big brown eyes of his
The cheeky little impish grin
Yes it could be my girl Shelley walking in!
He even draws upon the walls
No paper drawing for him: cheeky rascal that he is
I saw the evidence last time I went to Sedan

Texta drawings on the walls of our old home
Compliments of our little Shelley: precious girl
Yesterday I found some more: on Violeta's wall
Oh yes we are so similar as we grow along
We look like our parents and grand-parents
We move just like them as we walk along
Those little things we recognize every day
The tilt of the head: the quirky smile
Some little nuance that takes us by surprise
Yes we are just like our ancestors
Even if it's just a tiny little bit
It is most definitely in our genes
No denying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment