Monday 11 August 2014

Ode to Robin williams

I just heard the news today
I just can't believe it's true
What more can I really say?
Robin, what happened to you?
You've been a part of our lives
For many a long, long year
Making us laugh; bringing joy
Grinning from ear to ear!
Watched you in "Mork and Mindy"
You grew before our eyes
Your precious laughter televised
Changed our lives for the good
Let that be surely understood!
You voice overs were a pleasure
Loved to hear your gorgeous voice
So full of life and laughter
Always wanted to hear you speak
Watched a precious interaction
Just recently: with Koko the gorilla
Brought a few tears to my eyes
How wonderful to see you there
Enjoying her fun: seeing your surprise
But mostly I remember your character
Your fun loving joy of life
I know there was also sadness and strife
I guess we all must remember
That life goes on and on
You'll always be right here
In my precious memories!
Rest in peace and thank you
for being such a pleasant part
Of all our simple earthly lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment