Tuesday 26 August 2014

Hitchhiker Pete

Picked up a hitch hiker just the other day
Thought to do a good deed for my fellow man
He was young, about 20 years old I suppose
Heading out of the fair city of Adelaide
Stopped my car and wound my window down
My dog Amy was sitting upon the passenger seat
Asked him where he was going: did he need a lift?
Yes: he was heading north along Port Wakefield Road 
I said I'm only going as far as the turn-off
Then towards the Barossa Valley and the Riverland
He was heading up Port Augusta way: not the same
So I took him up the road just a ways and set him down
We spoke of God and he said he knew of Him
Gave me a lecture about embracing the darkness
About understanding how everything truly works
He said that the darkest days bring lessons too
Not just the light that from Jesus shines: that's true!
"I know mate I said: I have been down there too!"
He just kept on telling me about lessons to be learned
I nodded my head and agreed a lot: yes I said I knew!
Isn't it amazing how the dear Lord works?
Showing us over and over by the one's He touches
By the messages that come from out of the blue
He shows us He cares about me and you
Bringing light to all the corners of the globe
All you have to do is start the ball rolling
Ask a few questions: answer a few too!




 

1 comment:

  1. That weekend I visited my parents...later that next weekend I heard that our dear friends had passed away in a car accident...Rest in peace Peter and Celia Thiel...

    ReplyDelete