Wednesday 2 March 2016

Flawed

I was 15 years old 
This gift I received
It was beautiful but 
In myself I never believed 
In my own eyes 
I could never ever see
Any worth in me
Here is my quandary...
A perfect pearl
Surrounded by filigree 
One side, perfect 
The other spoiled...
You may well ask 
Why, do I see myself in thee?
It is a simple fact of life 
We only ever see our flaws 
We only see the side 
We choose to see
Only others looking in
Can see both sides 
Can be unprejudiced 
Because 
from their vantage point
They can see 
Both the good and the bad 
And in choosing to remain 
Our faithful friend
Will stay with us till the end
Knowing full well
That inner beauty will shine through 
Just as this pearl shines 
Just as it is the centrepiece 
Like our heart is
Held within our perfect imperfection...
Suzanne Andersson's photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment