Friday 11 March 2016

Language of the reef

I swam straight out to the reef tonight
Exercise was foremost in my mind
For you see I am drawn to that reef
Drawn towards that peace: therein I find
There is something magical to me
About swimming out in the deepest sea
I feel the power of the ocean deep
I sense great peace along her shores
Those massive rocks that draw me close
Sending serene signals beyond human belief
The reef talks to me: tiny clicking sounds: I hear
It's like some amazing language: in my mind 
Deciphered through my very skin: deep within
I understand her: I feel enchanted as: closer I swim
The fish welcomed me tonight: allowed me close
No stranger am I to them now as I swim by
Some even seem to look me in the eye: would I lie?
Bright orange starfish clinging to the rocks
Fish of all shapes and sizes: so many surprises
Crabs hiding in the dark crevasses: barely moving
Tiny purple shells in masses amid black and green
The seaweed pastures atop the reef: full of grazers
Striped fish, pale shiny fish, blues and greens
All enjoying the serenity: the beauty: the peace
A massive chain tangled around a huge rock
Stolen from some ship as she wandered too close
The anchor settled in deep: there to forever sleep
Estranged: alone: far from home: stranded
An alien beast in a beautiful, wondrous underwater land



No comments:

Post a Comment