Thursday 17 March 2016

Please listen to my plea

I will say this only once
Please listen to my plea
I am fed up with all those people
Who show little sincerity: empathy...
I am on here to share my journey
I am here to be a guiding light
If in any way I am able
I will gladly share my might
In prayer I will support you
In thought, word and also deed
But please respect my feelings
Please understand my plight...
I am sharing all that God has given
I am doing my very best...in this life
Sympathy, empathy, understanding
These things I have in spades
Though I would love to give to you 
Everything that I have...
It is not possible to surrender
Those things I have need of myself...
Time is precious to us all
There are not enough hours in each day
To be wasted in casual conversation
Over little things: come what may
As my friendship list grows daily
As my time is spent with my Lord
It is He who must come first
My family second: myself last of course
Though I would love to "chat" all day
It is impossible to fulfil my duties
By being lax in this very way...
So please be thankful you are in my circle
Please read these words that I share
Please understand me...
I really do care...
But as I am merely one person
As I am a simple human being
I cannot be everything to everybody
All I have are my prayers
All I have are two small hands
What I give to those who ask it of me
Is a seat upon this earthly train
All passengers are welcome...
Please get on: take a seat; inhale
The breath of life is refreshing 
The words of our Lord more so
Come along upon this: my journey
Any more I cannot supply...


No comments:

Post a Comment