Wednesday 16 March 2016

Walking with the blue crab

The ocean drew me into her waters
It was necessary for me to seek
The coolness and the shelter of
That beautiful refreshing beach
I swam out into her clear waters
Sun shining blissfully down upon me
I was surrounded and enveloped
As the pleasure took my breath away
I was lifted up and cocooned within
Cool caressing precious waves
And I swam to the outer reaches
Of those rocks that followed round
I saw many fish and sea creatures
Various sizes, colourful, many shapes too
Yes it was such a pleasure to swim
Out into that beautiful blue...
The white sands moved below me
Like whirling desert winds it seemed
Yes the sea was full of life: it teemed
I saw a blue crab walking: sideways
Just as sea crabs do: its tiny eyes
Looking upward: as I floated above it: true
I found someone's abandoned yellow goggles
And a purple snorkel further along the way...
I swam out onto Christie's Reef...
Yes I swam further out into the bay...
I looked around as I surfaced...
It was such a pretty sight 
I could even see Noarlunga Jetty
Though it was quite far away...
I was gong to keep on going 
But danger made me take a second look
There before me were quite as many 
Tiny pink-tinged jelly fish...
As I remembered another evening
From many long months ago
When surrounded by pink jelly fish
I was stung repeatedly...
So I turned around and had to go...



No comments:

Post a Comment