Wednesday 16 March 2016

It is a mother's heart that bleeds

You called me up to tell me
Of your broken heart: dear mum
You have suffered yet walked 
This trail that hurts only some
Though you tried to hide your scars 
Though you tried to carry on
Many days became long years 
Now you can no longer go alone
Now your tears they are flowing 
Now that deep sadness comes
You cannot take it any longer 
So you spill your pain anon
Though you've walked along the high ways 
Though you've crawled along the low
Still it hurts you beyond measure 
This pain that just will not go
I listened to your story 
I heard your voice filled with pain
And as I try to help you make sense
Of this deep sadness once again
Though I hear and feel it deeply 
Though I empathise with your pain
I understand yet I cannot really fathom
Though it hurts you once again
Dear mother how you loved her
How you kept her safe from harm
Doing all within your loving power
You fought with tooth and arm
Though she has left you for another 
Though she no longer has a need 
It is you who always suffers 
It is a mother's heart that bleeds
Ah dear mother: what can I say?
That will help you understand 
How can I a mere human; change the saddest day?
All I can do is really listen; pray 
Though we are separated by distance 
Yet; our hearts they beat as one 
Dear mother; please feel my arms around you
Know that our lord truly understands your pain


No comments:

Post a Comment