Friday 30 December 2016

Lake Bonney Barmera

Right here in this lake
I swam most of my life
From when I was 6 years old
My family would come to enjoy
Beautiful summer days...
Idyllic holidays with friends
From Adelaide, Melbourne, Geelong
Camped out in the local caravan park
We'd congregate, celebrate our days
I've brought my children here to see
This lake that cooled my whole family
Over the years I showed my children 
Treasured places in my life
Then my grandsons came last year
To enjoy splashing here; freely and 
Today my three year old grand daughter
Joined me swimming in the lake
Hesitant at first she dipped her toes
Refused to enter in...
But knowing she's a water baby
I knew she would succumb
Fell into the cooling water; at first
Screamed out her indignation
But soon; as I knew she would
She pranced around in celebration
Splashing me; her Nana; joyfully
Enjoying her nakedness; was free
To have her cool fun in the sun
Mummy and Tia Shelley joined us too
Feet dipped in the lake's cool sand
Ah dear Lord; what a precious band
We were today; in Barmera by the lake

4th December 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment