Thursday 1 December 2016

View from Wilabalangaloo

Though the land was dusty;  dry
A cool breeze eased my sighs
Red earth, sparse growth; whistling kites
Glorious nature; azure blue skies
Big River Murray streaming round the bend
Black water; fast flowing currents
Old river; seemingly without end
The old Lookout drew my feet
Climbed up those pale green stairs
Enjoyed the majestic view
Though it was fantastic; neat!
Tall Eucalypts across the wide stream
A massive nest high in the trees
Two glorious whistling kites
Drew my eyes; ah what a sight
Soaring above me; with the greatest of ease
Circling high upon the cooling breeze
Returning to the nest among the trees
My eyes followed them constantly
They brought me such endless joy
As I walked along the river trail in
Wilabalangaloo National Trust Conservation Park

No comments:

Post a Comment