Monday 19 December 2016

Swimming in Lake Bonney

Took a long swim in Lake Bonney
Just like I did all those years ago 
Today it is flooded; dark and dirty
Still I enjoyed the exercise you know
Though I have changed in many ways
The lake has stayed the same...
Yes; the old tree stumps are gone
Half the jetty is gone as well
But in many ways
It's like time has stood still
Memories come flooding back
Children; blue lipped; shivering
"No I'm not cold mummy!"
These words we were answering
Climbing up upon those stumps
Pretending they were castles
Chasing each other round the poles
Beneath the jetty; like fish; we grew
Ah the delighted screams we threw
Standing upon the paddle boards
With Martha Wilson; Susie Juhasz too
Teenagers enjoying Summer fun
Yes indeed; here we grew up
Here we frolicked in the sun
I remember spending time
With new teenage friends
Jenny; Karen S to name a few
The night I walked hand in hand
Down beside the peaceful lake
Sharing my first kiss with Michael B
After the Glossop High School review
His sister Kerry was bridesmaid
At my cousin's Kali's wedding
So many precious memories renewed
I wonder where they've all gone
Wonder if they remember those days
As I sit here; reminisce
About those long ago childhood days

No comments:

Post a Comment