Monday 23 May 2016

Another day in paradise

Trying to get through another day
Time marches forward: I need to pray
Each minute that passes: goes away
Makes me wonder...
How much longer will she stay?
Her life is almost over
Mine is past midway
My children, are grown up
No longer under my sway...
Grand children: my pleasures
I treasure each and every day
For I know not when the bell will toll
I know not when it will be my turn
To leave: to go away...
Until then I must be thankful
I must be full of joy
For in living this earthly life
Each and every day is a blessing 
Each day that comes my way
Is to be treasured: appreciated
Made the most of: accepted with grace
Many went to bed last night 
Planned to be with family today
Yet they did not wake up
To greet another blessed day
Who knows when time is done?
Who has that knowledge: not I 
Only God in heaven has the answers
Only our dear Father knows our days
He is the Almighty: Alpha and Omega
In His hands are our all our lives placed
His is the will that holds us safe each day

No comments:

Post a Comment