Saturday 7 May 2016

Places in my heart


There are many places in my heart
Where I keep my special memories
Sometimes all is takes is a few minutes
A special place; a simple thought or two
They all come flooding back through
When I return to where we used to go...
As I sit and contemplate those days
Breathing in the fresh air: taking in the rays
It's like time is standing so very still
And as I flip back through those memories
There are so many things that come to me
Children's laughter: happy smiles: joy
Watching them run about and play...
The years slip by until I end up back here
Yes to this very day: all has changed it's true
Now it is my grand children's voices that I hear
Their little voices: their cries my ears hear
Their precious love it is that I hold so dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment