Saturday 7 May 2016

Memories in the park

Breathed in the fresh air
Along with many memories
Listened to birds chirping
High above me in the trees
A dog barking; a child crying 
Ah my heart is simply trying 
To recall those long ago days
Our family; young and free
Try as I might; in so many ways
I cannot recall your happy face
You have been gone so long
Left us over two years ago
But I remember our visits
To this beautiful park...
Our children young; exploring
The blessed fresh air; enjoying
So many things have changed
Yet others remain almost the same
The trees are much taller
The grass just as green as ever
I am so much older
Our children have flown the coop
But here; I can almost hear
Their yelling; their screaming; their fun
Just as they were years ago
Playing; here in the sun

Richard's Park
Osmond Terrace, Norwood

No comments:

Post a Comment