Sunday 29 May 2016

How can I go on?

There's something bothering me
Something nobody else can see
A pain that wells up within my heart
A fear I guess: a dread; that's a start
Mum is not well and I know her time
Is running short: is passing forward fast
Though I pray; it does not seem enough
How can another see? Ever understand?
Unless you've faced the very same trials?
How can you feel this pain along with me?
Though I am so lucky: so very blessed 
Still I must face this utterly painful test
I love my dear mum and wish it could be
That I never, ever have to part from thee
Yet in my heart I know that time must come
When she must give up the ghost; succumb
Then; we who are left behind to grieve
Must trust in God: have faith; believe
That though she sleeps I know one day
There will come that totally amazing day
When our dear Lord will come again
When even death; shall conquered be!


No comments:

Post a Comment