Tuesday 3 May 2016

If I could turn back time

Just looked at my photograph
I was only 15 years of age
So many simple little things
I really wish I could change...
I would tell myself to relax
Let go of fear and pain
But how do we go back?
So that we could; to ourselves: explain?
What happened to you?
Wasn't your fault
You were not to blame...
It was another; stole your peace a way
Made you feel less that beautiful
Made you feel less than whole...

If I could turn back time
Take a trip down memory lane
Tell  myself I was beautiful
Tell myself to be patient
Tell myself to simply: wait
All good things will finally come
Yes: one bright sunny day...
You will look back and see 
That everything was worth it
Yes indeed: you will see...

If I could turn back time
Melt those sad tears away
I would show myself this future
That was worth all of the early pain
I would make my self promise
To fly above all that silly stuff
Looking down upon my sadness
Like it was all huff'n'fluff...

Beautiful teenager: beautiful girl
You will finally see the rainbow
And at the end; that pot of gold
Yes; precious baby girl
You will finally see a better world
Love will be a blessing
It will come to you...

Yes; precious little girl
You will finally get to be the pearl...





No comments:

Post a Comment