Monday 14 November 2016

Cleaning out the dust and cobwebs

It's time I tackled Goliath 
It's time I clean out the past 
Going through mum's cupboards
Dear Lord; what an enormous task
Many treasures I find amid the dust
Clearing out cobwebs from our past
Papers no longer valid...
Empty containers; so out of date
Mum's face is so pallid
Is this to be our fate?
Yes; ashes to ashes
Dust to dust...
Eventually; into this end
We are thrust...
Things are left to settle
Things we no longer need
I must be of stronger mettle
As I cull these weeds...
A thought comes to me
What of old photographs?
When my family is all gone?
Who will cherish our past?
Another thought passes through
In time: someone will have to
Go through all of my treasures
Maybe relive my pleasures
And all that will be left of me
Will be ashes, dust, cobwebs; see
This is all that there will be
When it is my turn to fly free...

No comments:

Post a Comment