Monday 14 November 2016

I need you Lord

At church this Sabbath I felt sad
Needed a blessing from my Lord
Opened up my little Bible; a gift 
I'd found in the local Opshop
(I'd thought to myself as I drove along
I need to find a little KJV Bible
I'd left mine at home you know
Needed to have my Lord along)
(I knew I'd find one down the street
So I went straight there; felt sweet
There it was; waiting just for me
The best part; they said it was free)
Turned to Psalm number twenty three
Read those blessed words; it's true
The Lord is my Shepherd! I believe
It's like He already knew; I'm telling you
So many times I have found
Just exactly what I needed
Angels leads us; I'll be bound
They know it all; hope exceeded
Lately I have been divinely led
Beside still waters; there I'm fed
Peace returns as I quietly pray
Beside deep waters; the only way
There; God does restore my soul
As I walk through this shadowed valley
This trying time; I beg for control
For death shadows my family
I will fear no evil for He is with me
My head is anointed; blessed with oil
My cup does run over; yes indeed
I know; we must all leave this mortal coil
Surely goodness and mercy follows me
As I turn to my Lord; in deep need
It is to Him I pray; each and every day
Bless me Dear Father; come what may

No comments:

Post a Comment