Monday 14 November 2016

Repair the breach

Found a few holes in my old cardigan
Mended them all; repaired the breach 
So many wonderful memories retained
I'd forgotten it; over all these years
Dear mum knitted it with great love
Way back in the early 1970's
I thank my dear Lord above
That I still have her and it too...
We are like this old woollen knit
We live with holes in our lives
I guess as things unravel along the way
This is how our souls must look
For God above sees into tired hearts
Sees the holes that we allow to grow
If a stitch in time saves nine
Why do we let things slide?
Why do we not fix it straight away?
We wander so far away
Feeling we are unworthy of His love
Then life gets in the way
We procrastinate; wander; delay
Thus we even forget to pray
The gaping holes grow larger
Day by day; hour by hour
Minute by minute; second by second
Until we remember God's plan
Jesus has already paid our price
The plan of redemption is already set
Only we who wander from our Lord
Can choose to return to Him
The wonderful repairer of the breach

No comments:

Post a Comment