Tuesday 17 July 2018

As God looks down in sadness 2015

I feel so much sadness as I look around
This world is full of hatred; anger; strife
Ah dear Lord I imagine your poor heart
As you look down in sadness at man's life
So many die each day; of hunger...
So many pass away without hope...
Dear Lord, how much longer will you wait?
Ah dear Lord, however do you cope?
How can you bear to watch this disaster?
This mess that man has made upon earth...
I fear; we are not worth your consideration
I fear; we do not deserve your precious love
Ah dear Lord, how can you keep on loving?
These mere mortals who go on and on and on...
Hating each other; brother fighting brother
Families torn asunder; brought low in such pain
Wars; disasters; people killing each other
Where is the peace that we crave?
When will there be an end to all this bloodshed?
When will it finally be the time?
When we will see you coming with power?
In the clouds with your angels calling your name...
Ah my Lord; it is so very hard to keep on going
It is so very difficult to cope...
But my Lord; we are still waiting...
For without your Son; we have no hope...

11th December 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment