Sunday 15 July 2018

What a day with Shelley

We met as the rain was falling 
Ready for our big day out
Happy to be together; caring; sharing 
Ready to go out and celebrate
Shelley had organised our massages
In Melbourne Street; North Adelaide
The relaxing scent of lemongrass
Soothing oriental music; had it made
Never had a Thai massage before
Thought it worth a try; felt relaxed
Even as we walked through that door
Hot compress massage ordered
And an hour later we emerged
Ready for our soothing Bael fruit tea
We crossed Melbourne Street for lunch
At a Vietnamese restaurant
Talked about a lot of things
Mother to daughter; as we ought to
Drove into the city centre; like we used to do
Many long years ago; as a young family
Bought out Estee Lauder packages
A gift with purchase; absolutely free
Checked out the lower food court
Searching for a special treat
No Florentines on offer; so we left
Continuing our shopping spree
Got our eyebrows threaded; painfully
Found "Lush" a scented delight 
Bought our soaps and departed
"Strand Bags" was drawing me
Bought myself a birthday treat
Headed back to the car park
Down Gawler Place; there you see
Bliss Chocolate was the place to be
Ordered a "Rocky Road" crepe; shared
In honour of my dear mum and grandma
It went down so deliciously...
Had the best day with my precious daughter
Thank you my dearest Shelley!
Oh, and as I stopped to drop you off
Someone knocked upon your window too
A Buddhist monk was calling out
Offering you a cheerful blessing 
Bowing low; I heard him say: "Namaste"
Handing you a golden card; wooden beads
Placing a simple bracelet upon your wrist
"Work smoothly; lifetime peace"
Beautiful in its simplicity
What a day we spent together
My darling daughter and me

16th April 2018
Celebrating my birthday: 31st March 2018




No comments:

Post a Comment