Tuesday 3 July 2018

My mother's voice

Watching "The Voice" the other night 
Kelly's eyes began to leak (tear up)
She was missing her dear mum
She said she hadn't heard her voice 
For a couple of years; she's been gone 
I started crying my tears for you 
Ah dear mum; how I miss you too
It's been way over 18 months 
Since I last heard your voice 
Longer; actually; if I think upon it 
As in your last few months 
You didn't even utter any words 
Merely said "mmmmmm" if you could 
I miss you so very much my darling mum
And as it is Mother's Day this coming Sunday 
There are a few simple words I'd like to say
Thank you for loving me 
Thank you darling mum
For everything you did for me 
For all the times you spoke with love 
I thank the dear Lord up above 
For being such a wonderful part of my life 

11th May 2018 

No comments:

Post a Comment