Sunday 15 July 2018

Tag team marriage 2015

I believe a marriage should be...
Like a tag team...a real team effort
Working together for the good of all
Working together so no-one falls 
When one feels weak the other leaps
Over tall buildings to save the peeps
Love in combination with a whole number
Of like thoughts and amid the slumber
A tag team results...no defaults
If I am weak, you can be the strong one
If I am right, you can be the wrong one
It's not a competition to win the kids over
It's all about doing what's right my lover
Some days I feel I can move mountains
While on another I'm spilling tears; filling fountains
If I break down, please, I'll need your help
Don't frown; just take up the slack
You know I'll be coming back; just feel a lack
Just feel a little low; Surely you must know
How it feels to be a little blue: what are you?
Some super man: I know you can be
But when the mood hits: I'm down the pits
Yeah I know; I can give you the shits...
But simply bear with me; ease up a bit
Can't you see when doldrums hit?
The darkness fills the whole damn room
Be my light in those times of gloom
That's when I need to be the taker
In this life where I am the home maker
You need to give at times like these
You need to feed my tiredness without anger
I rub your feet when you're in pain
Why can't you return the favour man?
Why should I be the constant giving one?
You always seem to get the good times; the fun
Sometimes I need that 5 minute break
To...simply last a little longer...like 5 hours
I'm sorry...I don't have super powers
I give of myself for hours and hours
A simple word of thanks would do nicely 
All you have to do is ask politely
I will try my hardest to prove you wrong 
Don't bang that bloody awful noisy gong
I would rather hear that old love song
The one you used to sing to me...
Before our precious children came along
The look you had for me...that twinkle
In your eye...where is it now? That lullaby?
Ah tag me honey, be my other half...
Could you maybe...run me a bubble bath?
A marriage is forever and a day
It will be tough but come what may?
Together in all times...good or bad
We'll work together...happy or sad
That's the deal! Will you be my lad?
My tag team member, my number one
There is no other I'd really have...

12 July 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment